Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm A Stah! Dahling, Dahling!

So, this media company I write for has asked me to get some photos taken. They gave me a budget of $100, but I'm asking this fellow I know to do it, and he charges $300. Maybe the company will pay for it anyway. It's New York! What kind of photo shoot did they think I'd be able to arrange for $100??

The thing is, the last picture I sent them was from long, long, long ago - it was current at the time, but that was way other than 2010. I was clean shaven and had short hair. Now my hair is all over the place and I have this beard. I'm also about 25 lbs heavier. I'm basically an entirely different person. People are going to read what I write and be like, "who's this new guy they've got writing it, who has the exact same name as the other guy?" And they'll be like, "did they seriously just go out and find someone with the same name so they wouldn't have to change the byline??"

Anyway, I'm self-conscious, but it's fun to have a fuss made about me - they want my picture! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment