Friday, August 13, 2010

Weight Plateau

I haven't lost any weight in the past week and a half. The only change in my diet has been the addition of two hard-boiled eggs per day, which significantly mitigated my cravings and exhaustion. (Thanks, everyone who suggested eggs!)

I'm not planning to do anything about the weight plateau. My diet is extremely healthy right now, in spite of the added cholesterol. If my body wants to hang out where it's at for now, I'm fine with that. I'm still 20 lbs overweight, but I don't see how the diet I'm on could support me staying overweight long-term. I'll drop the weight over the natural course of events, but probably just more gradually than I have been so far.

If I start gaining weight with this diet, on the other hand, in addition to being very surprised, I'll probably try to cut something back to stop that.

So that's where that's at.

The thing about the eggs is, I don't love them. They mess with my digestion, and have 72% of the RDA for cholesterol (RDA in this case meaning 'recommended upper limit', I suppose), so I'd rather do without them if I can. But I'm not sure what a real substitute would be, i.e. something that would have the same effect on my cravings and tiredness.

Anyway, for now I'm sticking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment