Sunday, March 28, 2010

Synsepalum dulcificum

Yesterday at EJ1's birthday party, I tried some Synsepalum dulcificum, and it worked! Sour and bitter flavors were cancelled out, and I was able to eat and drink a variety of things that under normal circumstances my mouth would violently reject.

Guinness, lemon (with rind), horseradish, and similar foods, would normally make my entire face scrunch up, but since I'd sucked on half a miracle berry tablet for a few minutes beforehand, I was able to appreciate these foods the way I imagined people who appreciated such foods must experience them: Just as flavors, rather than as vicious assaults against all sense and reason. Actually, Guinness is still pretty good without the tablets.

Definitely a good party activity. Bring a couple packs of miracle berry pills with you, and if the conversation trails off, you can whip them out and be like, "anyone want to do some Synsepalum dulcificum with me?" If nothing else, it'll start the conversation up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment