Monday, July 5, 2010

I Has Foodz Issues: Part III

It was pretty sudden. I'd been on my diet for about two weeks, and was experiencing all kinds of emotional ups and downs, to the point where I really could barely participate in conversation. I was sticking with the diet, but it was really, really tough. Then one day, poof! I was fine.

All of a sudden, my brain was back! I could think and feel normal emotions again! I wouldn't collapse into a heap of disfunction as a mealtime approached. In fact I could be arbitrarily late to a meal and experience no ill effects.

Feelings of hunger, that before would rage out of control, now had simmered down to something akin to a normal sensation, something I could recognize without it utterly taking over my existence.

The cravings, which had been extremely intense, had actually subsided a few days or a week earlier, after I'd adjusted my diet to give me a few vitamins I'd been lacking. So those had already been gone for a while.

So, what's my experience right now, after several days of this new non-insanity? Well, my salads and relatively small meals satisfy me; I don't go through life in agonizing hunger, but instead I have plenty of energy and I feel basically fine.

Yay! I am very joyful!

I'm staying on my guard though. I expect the cravings and possibly other symptoms to return within the next few months, and stronger than before. But for now, I'm going to enjoy the feeling of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment